Thursday, September 10, 2009

The 1040

Every Tuesday and Thursday between 10:40 Am. and 11:30 AM, no student has classes. During this period NCCU always host several events in front of the Student Union. I try to attend to meet new people. Today I was unable to attend because I had to meet with my professor in the Farrison Newton Communications building. Interestingly enough as I entered the building expecting nothing out of the ordinary, I was immediately rushed to a table, that was hosted by the jazz radio station on campus. When I arrived to their table I was given cookies, internship opportunities, and information about the radio station. Before today I didn't know that NCCU had a radio station on campus but now I know to "tune in." The point is during the 1040 there are always multiple events going on around campus. I didn't even think I would even be able to attend one but little did I know I would still some how be a part of the 1040. The 1040 really brings students together, and is a way to meet new students or to simply take a nap between classes.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan, yes, be proud of your jazz radio station. WNCU-FM is a true treasure, perhaps one of the best jazz, gospel, and world music stations in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very proud of our jazz radio station

    ReplyDelete